New Richmond, Quebec
New Richmond is a town of less than 4,000 on the Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec. New Richmond includes the communities of Black Cape and St Edgar, and has a large wharf in the east end of the town. Unlike many other settlement on the Gaspé Peninsula, New Richmond retains a large English-speaking community.
A Brief History
New Richmond was founded in 1755 by Scottish settlers George and John Duthie. In 1940 it was used by the Germans as a submarine base.
Last updated 06/07/2015